Wednesday 28 May 2014

To God I Cry

I cry out does anyone hear me

I long to be free


From these burdens no matter how much I pray


They seem to stay

God have you forgotten me


Will you ever hear my plea


I feel so alone


Not even a place to call home

So many tears I've cried


So many people have lied


I am broken in spirit and in heart


From your word I do not part

The road is getting long
Not sure I have the strength to carry on
I try to not lose my trust
For trust in you I must

Just a sign or word from you 
To let me know your promises are true
As I lay awake at night
You are just quiet

I know not which way to turn


I am asking for your help to learn


Help me I plead


For I need help indeed

Take my hand and show me the way


And I will do as you say


No excuses will be given


I just want to start living

I want my joy back


No more sorrow or lack


I want to dance shout and sing


and tell the world that you gave me everything

Protect the ones I love


And send your angels from above


To place me where you want me


For all the world to see

I give to you my life


And ask you to remove the strife


That through the rejection and pain


The world will see you remain

I know I have failed you 


And hurt the ones I love too


I ask you to forgive me


and let me be free

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home